Healthy Lifestyle Changes – Week 6
Week 5 Update:
Last week, the challenge was to eat a healthy lunch and keep up with your prior weeks’ challenges.
So just to review you should now be:
- Eliminating sugary drinks, limiting alcohol and drinking more water.
- No snacking after dinner.
- Eating a healthy breakfast that consists of just less than 1/3 of your ultimate daily calorie goal.
- Have a set bedtime and an hour of non screen downtime before that time.
- Eating a healthy lunch that consists of about 1/3 of your ultimate daily calorie goal.
So…how did it go you ask?
Despite the fact that I am pretty late posting this (see my car fail post) it was definitely a week of getting back on the horse.
It is really amazing to me the difference in how I feel when I follow these basic little things. Especially the water. I keep finding I feel like a totally different person when I am well hydrated.
So let’s move on to our next challenge. I knew you knew it was coming. It’s time to start moving.
Week 6 Challenge
Adding exercise is hard. So we’re going to start with just one move. It’s not even going to take you 5 minutes. And if it does I am totally impressed. But it’s one move that is going to start you building some strength over your whole body. You probably know already that I’m obsessed with yoga. So we’re going to PLANK. At least three times this week.
Hold it as long as you can. Record it. You will notice it getting longer!
Here’s more info on the plank pose.
So that’s it. If you are ready to move on to your next change then this week work on holding a plank pose as long as you can at least three days this week.
If you had trouble with the lunch challenge – maybe give it a another week.