meal plan Monday
We are back to our regularly scheduled meal plan Mondays! Just to give you a little bit of information about how some of the choices are made, we generally stick to the following rules:
- Meat Free Monday – this is an ideology we wholeheartedly believe in. If we all make even ONE meat free day per week, we can make a HUGE impact on the environment.
- Good variety – we think that we all want to have a wide range of different foods showcased so that we can try new things and also learn new ways of preparing our old favorites.
- Focused on healthy, family friendly foods – most often, we really do try to make sure that the suggestions I am presenting are healthy. Of course, there are weeks when I want to do a ‘dessert for dinner’ theme…perhaps we will. BUT, our focus is on primarily on healthy and family friendly.
- Bean dishes on Friday – Sue loves beans, but she knows that they can be dangerous…and that is why she puts the bean dishes in the Friday slot on meal plan Monday.
We hope you enjoy our suggestions. If you would like to submit a recipe for us to use, or if you would like to be a guest planner, contact us at [email protected].
Now, back to our regularly scheduled meal plan!
Meal planning is a great way to both eat healthier and save money on groceries by planning to buy only what you need and planning meals around sales. Featured below is what might be cooking up in my kitchen this week.
You can also check out some of my past meals on Pinterest!
And here are links to some of my favorite meal planning tools:
The total cost of groceries for this week’s meals is: $91.78
Grocery estimate courtesy Peapod.com and is based on the following:
- family of four with healthy portion sizes
- no coupons or promotions
- basic pantry items excluded
- fresh or frozen organic produce
Lemon Dill Chicken
Szechuan Shrimp Stir Fry with Fried Rice
Greek Turkey Meatballs
Clean Eating Chili